Sunday, March 16, 2014

My first post. My first post. How should I approach this....

Hello!

Well, that sounds about right. Let's see. I should probably give a basic idea of what this blog is about.

Alright then.

What this blog is about:

1. Writing
2. Editing
3. (hopefully eventually) publishing
4. My journey down the publishing road.

Why I think you should read my blog:

An artist is their own worst enemy, so you will have to find your own motive. (It's much more fulfilling that way anyway) But I will say I'll be posting writing advice, inspiration, prompts, etc.

Am I qualified?

No one is qualified. No one knows everything. But if you're asking because you want to know if I'm published, no. I'm not. I have written three novels. I am editing two. (The first one I wrote was terrible and shall stay stuffed in the back of the closet.) I'm writing another one now. I have been researching writing, editing, and publishing for roughly the last three or four years. And anyway, all you aspiring writers, wouldn't you like to see the journey from the beginning? As I said before, no one is qualified. Writing is different for every single person you'll talk to. If you want to hear from me, great. I thank you. But don't make me your only source of advice.

I'll be writing again soon!
-The Novelist

 

No comments:

Post a Comment