Wednesday, June 4, 2014

Experimenting: The Best Way to Become the Best

Experimenting: The Best Way to Become the Best

What do write? I know most of you said one thing. I write novels. I write short stories. I write plays. I write screenplays. I write poetry. I write memoirs. I write songs.

I write all of the above.

Am I good at all of the above? No! Of course not! Do I want to publish all of the above? No! But I write it because they are all the same thing!

Certainly, no one likes writing everything. You're not going to love every little thing. But sometimes, you find something you never thought you were going to like is amazing.

It's like food, only you haven't been turning up your nose in front of everyone for months, so you don't have to pretend you still don't like it and then find an excuse to have to eat it when no one is watching. You just get a new, awesome medium to play with!

This blog is a new medium for me. I've tried blogging once before, but I never actually posted the entries. I was scared out of my mind that I'd mess up. Now? Sure, I have to muster up a bit of courage every time I hit publish, but I know that "A book is a flawed thing made by a flawed person". (John Green) No one is perfect, not even the most well known authors.

Therefor, write everything, then work your way down to a couple mediums that you really like. Then you know what you want to devote all your time to, and your brain isn't filled with ideas for things you don't even know you won't want to write.

No comments:

Post a Comment